Monday, Sep 16th
Free Day of Putt-Putt
• Town of Farragut and Putt-Putt Golf & Games, West End Center, is offering 28th Annual Free Day of Putt-Putt at no charge from noon to 9 p.m., Monday, Sept. 16.
Wednesday, Sep 18th
• Newcomers Club will meet beginning at noon, Wednesday, Sept. 18, in Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike. Women who are new to the area or just want to make new friends are invited for lunch and a program. A White Elephant Sale will take place to raise money for local charitable organizations. For reservations, call 865-681-9989 before Friday, Sept. 13.
Thursday, Sep 19th
Knoxville Symphony Orchestra performances
Single tickets now are on sale to all Knoxville Symphony Orchestra performances for the 2019-2020 season, which kicks off Sept. 19-20. Single tickets may be purchased by phone or online at knoxvillesymphony.com. Call 865-291-3310 option 4. Box office hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The 2019-20 season marks Aram Demirjian’s fourth as Music director. Season highlights include a celebration of Beethoven’s 250th year; selections from Handel’s “Messiah” on the Chamber Classics’ “Classical Christmas” program; the world premiere of “The Cycle of Life” – a violin concerto by young American composer Michael Schachter commissioned by the KSO and inspired by Richard Jolley’s installation at the Knoxville Museum of Art; a concert previewing the KSO’s historic trip to perform at the Kennedy Center; a screening of Singin’ in the Rain; and the annual Clayton Holiday Concert.
Thursday, Sep 19th
Stop the Bleed training
• Stop the Bleed training and certification is from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19, in Town Hall, 11408 Municipal Center Drive, Register by Monday, Sept. 16, at townoffarragut.org/register/, in per-son in Town Hall or by phone at 865-218-3375.
Friday, Sep 20th
“Taste of Turkey Creek”
The Pat Summitt Foundation announces its Seventh Annual “Taste of Turkey Creek” at The Pinnacle at Turkey Creek from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, Sept. 20. Proceeds support Alzheimer’s research, caregiver support and education. Guests will enjoy a variety of food, wine and beer samplings from 20 of Turkey Creek’s exceptional restaurants, including Bonefish Grill, Cinnaholic, Pei Wei Asian Diner, Seasons Innovative Bar & Grille and Citico’s. Event will take place in front of CRU Bistro and Wine Bar with food and drink tastings and a silent auction. VIP guests will have access to an exclusive entrance, reserved covered seating, a private bar and additional catering from Penne for Your Thoughts.. General admission tickets are $25 and VIP tickets are $100. Children’s tickets for ages 6-to-12 are $10, and admission is free for children ages 5 and under. Tickets are available while supplies last at www.patsummitt.org/taste.
Friday, Sep 20th
“Volley for Change” Pickleball Tournament
• Harmony Family Center will host its inaugural “Volley for Change” Pickleball Tournament Friday through Sunday, Sept. 20-22, at Knoxville Racquet Club. The tournament is USAPA sanctioned and will include the mixed doubles age competition Sept. 20. On Sept. 21, competitions will include men’s and women’s skills and men’s and women’s age group. Mixed doubles skill competition will be featured Sept. 22. Registration fee is $50 and the final deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 6. To learn more or to register visit www.harmonyfamilycenter.org.
Saturday, Sep 21st
Fun Farragut Fungi program
• Fun Farragut Fungi program is from 10 to 11 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 21, at Burnside Pavilion in Founders Park at Campbell Station. Cost is $5 for individuals, $10 for families (up to two adults and four children under 18). Is designed for ages 8 and up. Register by 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19, at Ijams.org or call 865-577-4717 ext. 127.
Monday, Sep 23rd
Making Medicare Easier
• Town of Farragut will host a free class on Making Medicare Easier from 6 to 7 p.m., Monday, Sept. 23, with an overview of parts A, B, C and D and discussion on enrollment periods and supplements. Registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 20. Register at townoffarragut.org/register, in person at Town Hall or by phone at 865-218-3375.
Saturday, Sep 28th
Captain W. Y. C. Hannum Chapter 1881 meeting
• The Captain W. Y. C. Hannum Chapter 1881, UDC, will meet beginning at 11 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 28. Visitors are welcome to attend. For more information and location, call Rebecca at 865-382-1979.