Eager to display opinions submitted from our readers and placed on this page every Thursday, farragutpress encourages presstalk participation.
Presstalk remains, based on reader feedback, one of the most popular elements of our weekly issues.
Please consider, however, the restrictions outlined in the following paragraphs:
• Editorial freedom is a wonderful concept, but it does come with its responsibilities. With that in mind, farragutpress has developed policies that will be followed regarding the publication of presstalk comments:
• Libelous comments will not be published.
• Malicious comments will not be published.
• Comments will remain anonymous.
• Recorded comments will be limited to 30 seconds.
• Written comments should be limited to about 100 words.
• Names of individuals or businesses mentioned in the call may not be published (including public figures and officials) depending on the issue.
• Comments mentioning names of public figures, not issue related, will be published as a “Letter to the Editor” and must be signed.
• farragutpress reserves the right not to publish any comment for any reason.
• Because of space limitations, not every comment will be published. Also, portions of the 30-second message and written comments with more than 100 words may be omitted, but the basic message of the call or e-mail will remain intact.
• Vulgar language will not be printed.
The forum is open for comments regarding anything you have on your mind — local politics, world affairs, sports, religion, community affairs, city-county unification, government boards or anything else you observe or experience.