• John Kenny, PE, engineer with Fa-cility Systems Consultants, LLC, has been named past president of American Council of En-gineering
Companies of Tennessee.
• Liz Porter, PE, engineer with S&ME Inc., has been elected East Tennessee chapter president of American Council of Engineering Com-panies of Tennessee for 2016-2017.
• Rachel Carvell, SPHR, has joined the firm of Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon Inc., as a talent management lead and Human Resources Business partner. She has more than 10 years of experience in organizational development, performance management and employee relations.
• Stephen L. Mangum, dean of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Haslam College of Business, will participate in U.S. Department of Defense’s orientation program for America’s top business and community leaders. Mangum, who also serves as Stokely Foundation’s leadership chair, will be one of 40 participants from across the country to take part in the Joint Civilian Orientation Course, which is scheduled to take place from Aug. 14, to Aug. 20, in Washington D.C.
• Jerry Edwards, DO, has been named medical director of The University of Tennessee Medical Center Emer-gency Depart-ment. He is board-certified in emergency medicine.
• United Community Mortgage Services is launching Possibilities Achieved Through Homewownership loan program, also known as PATH, to further its commitment to individual home ownership. This loan is available to home buyers interested in purchasing owner-occupied primary residents in eligible geographic areas in the markets UCB operates.