• I was surprised to see the locally contested mayor’s race wasn’t the top story in last week’s farragutpress. This was a race, which pitted a volunteer, grass-roots effort against a well-financed, financial-interest candidate supported by Realtors, hotel operators, area developers and contractors. Instead of this story, you featured a nothing news story about the ongoing impact of the Turkey Creek retail development on businesses in Farragut. Nothing new here, as it was common knowledge that when Turkey Creek opened up it would suction many businesses its way. Unfortunately, this has proven to be true for Farragut and in the areas of Knox (County) and Knoxville that border Turkey Creek. This isn’t a Town of Farragut-created problem, it’s a Turkey Creek-created problem.
Editorial freedom is a wonderful concept, but it does come with its responsibilities.
With that in mind, farragutpress has developed policies that will be followed regarding the publication of presstalk comments.
• Libelous and malicious comments will not be published.
• Comments will remain anonymous.
• Recorded comments will be limited to 90 seconds.
• Written comments should be limited to about 250 words.
• Names of individuals or businesses mentioned may not be published (including public figures and officials) depending on the issue.