• At 6:51 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 23, a South River Church Road complainant called Knox County Sheriff’s Office Teleserve Unit to report an incident at Holiday Inn Express, 816 North Campbell Station Road. Complainant said between 7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 22, and 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23, his locked work vehicle, a 2015 Ford F-650, was stolen from the parking lot of Holiday Inn Express. Value of truck was listed at $70,000. Complainant said he is still in possession of the vehicle keys, but there was a spare left under the hood for emergencies. Complainant advised there were personal items in the vehicle prior to this incident and will compile a list with serial numbers when available. At this time there are no known suspects.
• At 4:39 p.m., Monday, Jan. 21, a KCSO unit responded to Farragut Hills Boulevard in reference to a vandalism. Once on scene officer made contact with victim, who said her security alarm went off at about 2 a.m. Victim said officers arrived earlier at her residence and determined the property was secure. But victim later discovered a window in the back of the residence was broken. She said she thinks someone broke the window the previous night, and that set off the security alarm. Estimated value of window was listed at $300. There was no report of items stolen.
• At 8:29 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, a KCSO unit responded to a room at Super 8 Motel,11748 Snyder Road, in reference to a burglary. Upon arrival, officer came into contact with victim, who said while he was in the shower, someone came into his hotel room and stole his wallet and his vehicle keys. The wallet contained the victim’s passport, identification card and $1,500 in cash. Victim did not see or know who the suspect could have been. Upon speaking with hotel management, they said the victim has been leaving his door open off and on all day. Managers said they did not see anything suspicious. There was no damage to the door or any marks indicating force entry. The report did not state whether or not the victim’s vehicle was entered despite the keys missing.
• At 2:18 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 17, a New Haven Road complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report a theft of merchandise from Cracker Barrel, 716 N. Campbell Station Road. Complainant advised around 9:30 a.m. the suspect entered the store and immediately started putting items into her purse. Suspect walked around the store for a few more minutes then left without paying. Complainant said she has the incident on video. Total retail value of items stolen was listed at $179.94.
• At 1:36 p.m., Jan. 17, a KCSO unit responded to Little Green Garden, 331 Chowning Drive, on report of a theft. Upon investigation, complainant said they were doing inventory and noticed a tire dingo, with an estimated value listed at $25,000, and an ExMark riding lawnmower, with an estimated value listed at $8,000, were among $35,300 worth of items stolen. Complainant said employees started listing items for sale Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019, and have had several people coming to the property to inquire about the equipment and tools for sale.