KCSO police reports
• At 11:51 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 1, two Knox County Sheriff Office units responded to 11220 Outlet Drive, Cotton Eyed Joe’s in regard to an underage consumption charge. Speaking with security at the business, they reported the suspect had been consuming alcohol and is under age 21. The suspect said he used a fake ID to get alcohol. Reporting officer stated suspect “did have slurred speech and appeared to be intoxicated” in the report. Suspect also was yelling racial slurs at security officers. Suspect was taken into custody and transported to Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility for booking, and also was issued a criminal trespass warning.
• At 1:15 p.m., Monday, Sept. 2, a KCSO unit responded to a Shady Ridge Lane address in regard to a deceased person. Complainant, the late victim’s granddaughter, said her grandmother was age 87 when she passed away in her bed at 12:40 p.m., Sept. 2. A medical examiner responded to the scene to document the incident. A detective with KCSO Major Crimes Unit was advised.
• At 5:07 p.m., Monday, Sept. 3, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report a theft from Super 8 motel, 11748 Synder Road. Complainant advised an unknown suspect stole items including a Banana Republic leather coat, with a retail value of $600, and three JBL flip speakers, with a retail value listed at $100, between Tuesday, Aug. 20, and Sept. 3. Total value of loss was listed at $855. Complainant advised she had left the items in her motel room, and when she went back to collect the items they were gone.
• At 5:58 p.m., Sept. 3, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report his license plate as lost from his 2009 Jeep Compass at a Hughlan Drive residence. Value of loss was listed at $65. Complainant advised he lost the plate sometime between 11 a.m., Sept. 1, and 4 p.m., Sept. 3.
• At 6:42 p.m., Sept. 3, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report vandalism from a Kingston Pike address. Complainant advised an unknown suspect keyed her 2006 Infinity G35 sometime between 6:52 a.m. and 4 p.m., Sept. 3. Total value of damage was listed at $500.
• At 6:59 p.m., Sept. 3, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report a theft from a Hughlan Drive residence. Complainant advised between Aug. 12 and Aug. 23, she discovered items missing, which included a Bissell vacuum cleaner with a retail value listed at $175, a 130-inch curtain rod with a retail value of $159 and six curtain panels with a retail value listed at $132. Total value of loss was listed at $974. Complainant advised the suspect was the only one who was allowed access during the time frame of the theft. She also advised the suspect had been seen with some of the items in his
possession, though when she
confronted him he denied the theft.