Tellico Village VFW Post 12135 recently held a Fall Clothing Drive that topped last year’s Drive.
The clothing drive brought in 40 20-gallon bags of clothing and 50 coats. The clothing was equally divided between men and women.
Thirty-one new coats were donated by Tellico Village Kiwanis Club.
After clothing was sorted and bagged, it was distributed to:
• Loudon VFW Post 5150, which received four bags that was delivered to Sen. Ben Atchley State Veterans Home in Knoxville.
• Sweetwater VFW Post 5156, which received four bags that was delivered to the VA facility at Mountain Home.
• Tennessee Coalition for the Homeless, which received three boxes, 12 bags and 15 coats for 18 veterans for whom they furnish housing.
• Knoxville Area Rescue Ministries’ coordinator Tony Harris, who received eight bags of clothing.
• Knoxville Veterans Center took the balance of the clothing.
VFW Post 12135 also wishes to thank Tellico Village residents for their donations.