Let me begin by wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the entire Burnette family. I have so much to be thankful for, most importantly the birth of Jesus and my family. It is truly a privilege for me to serve you and the Town of Farragut.
With the end of the year just concluding, this is a natural time to reflect on all that has happened in 2019. I’d like to share with you some of the things I’m thankful for that have been completed or are already in the works for next year.
• McFee Park will have a 20-plus acre expansion.
• The old Ingles renovation is well under way and will begin leasing in early 2020.
• The new Outlet Entertainment Corridor will have a new TopGolf location.
• The wall at Campbell Station Road is being resurfaced.
• The old Phillips 66 gas station has been demolished and Admiral’s Landing is under construction.
• West End Shopping Center has been renovated.
• The Campbell Station Inn plaza is under construction.
• A new retail shopping center houses Elliott’s Boots, Dunkin’ Donuts and an urgent care center.
• Anchor Park restroom facilities and ADA updates are finishing soon.
• The Virtue Road roundabout and trail extension are finished.
I look forward to what’s in store for 2020 and seeing how I can continue to serve this great community.