• Akima Club of Knoxville presents “#HerStory - A Celebration of Women Throughout the Decades” in historic Bijou Theatre beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, March 6, and Saturday, March 7, followed by dinner and dancing at the Holiday Inn Downtown. A matinee performance begins at 2 p.m., Saturday. Tickets for Friday and Saturday evenings shows, and including dinner and dancing at the Holiday Inn Downtown, are $175 each. Friday Show only, $60; Saturday matinee show only, $50. For tickets and more information, go to AkimaClub.org
• Concord United Methodist Women are hosting their first Tea & Purse Auction beginning at 2 p.m., Saturday, March 7, at the church, 11020 Roane Drive. Those attending are asked to register through concordumc.com/events. Price of admission will be any of the following items that will go toward the church’s Purse Ministry: toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, body spray, nail kits, socks, soap, combs, brushes or wallets. Tea will be served, during which a live purse auction will be held consisting of more than 50 purses donated by church members.
• Bonny Kate Chapter Daughters of American Revolution will meet beginning at 1 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, at Blount Mansion, 200 W. Hill
Ave., Knoxville. Diana West speaks on “Fashioning a New Woman.” For more information, contact 865-573-1116.
• Newcomers Club meets beginning at noon, Wednesday, March 18, in Bearden Banquet Hall, 5806 Kingston Pike. Ladies who are new to the area or just want to make new friends are invited for lunch and a Chico’s Fashion Show. Make reservations by calling 865-681-9989 before Friday, March 13.
• Farragut Health & Wellness Expo, presented by Turkey Creek Medical Center, will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 28, in Farragut Community Center gym, 239 Jamestowne Blvd. Free of charge, this Expo will include all aspects of health and wellness, from health organizations and fitness businesses to financial experts.
• Internationally treasured saxophonist Gregory Tardy and touring jazz pianist/recording artist Taber Gable will headline a special evening of music and food known as “Dining for Joy,” beginning at 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 10, at the Pavilion at Hunter Valley Farm, 9133 Hunter Valley Lane in West Knox County. Tickets are $45 and are available online at joyofmusicschool.org or by calling 865-525-6806. For more information about Dining for Joy, visit joyofmusicschool.org or call 865-525-6806.