Town of Farragut events
Town postponements list continues to grow
• “In an effort to reduce community exposure to the COVID-19 virus, Farragut Community Center programs, classes and events have been suspended at least through Friday, April 3,” a Town press release stated.
• Based on an order from Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs Monday, March 15, all county senior centers, including West Knox County Senior Center — 239 Jamestowne Bvld. in the same building as the Community Center — is closed at least through April 3.
• Athletic field rentals also have been suspended at least through April 3, “based on the recommendation of President Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force,” the Town’s release stated.
• Farragut Book Fest for Children (originally April 4) has been postponed, while Farragut Health and Wellness Fair (originally March 28) has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 13.
• Farragut Museum, 11408 Municipal Center Drive, is closed at least through April 3.
• Those who have rented pavilions, athletic fields and community center facilities can cancel reservations and receive a full refund through Wednesday, April 15. For more information, contact PR & Marketing coordinator Wendy Smith at 865-218-3371 or email@example.com or Parks & Recreation director Sue Stuhl at 865-218-3374 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A ribbon cutting at the new Anchor Park plaza and restroom, which begins at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 25, and a McFee Park Phase 3 groundbreaking starting at 4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 26, will be limited to elected officials, staff and media.
• Farragut parks and restrooms remain open.
• Farragut Parks & Recreation offices at the Community Center will remain open. Staff will be available to answer phone calls, provide community center memberships and book future rentals.
Visit townoffarragut.org/, farragutparksandrec.org.