To protect the health of clients, patients and staff, Knox County Health Department is temporarily limiting several services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A few of the changes include, but are not limited to:
• KCHD’s Women, Infants and Children Program is conducting services by phone.
• The Dental Clinic will be open for dental emergencies only.
• In-person issuance of birth certificates is suspended; requests are by mail only. Vital records will continue to issue certified copies of death certificates to funeral directors, cremation permits and burial transit (out of state) on a walk-in basis.
• The Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee program will continue to receive referrals and will conduct services by phone.
• The Teague Clinic, 405 Dante Road, currently is closed.
• The West Clinic, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff Road, is conducting infant and childhood immunizations by appointment only.
A full list of the changes to KCHD’s services can be found on our website, www.knoxcounty.org/health.