* You have to hear Farragut Mayor Ron Williams claim during the Farragut (Municipal) Planning Commission meeting of Sept. 17 that a way to ease the traffic from the Biddle Farm apartments (as part of a Town Center) during school rush hours in the morning and in the afternoon, is that the Town of Farragut would ask Knox County Schools to have either Farragut Middle School or Farragut High School to start an hour later or an hour earlier to ease school traffic.
The mayor and Vice Mayor (Louise Povlin) claim that this will reduce stacking. Please think about this everybody: this would make the school rush hour last an hour longer twice a day. Every person in Farragut should listen to this very short commentary at the Sept. 17 Planning Commission meeting.
We respectfully ask our readers to follow the following Presstalk rules when submitting their opinions:
• Please keep calls to a 90-second maximum (call 671-8255 24 hours a day, seven days a week);
• Please keep e-mailed Presstalks to 250 words maximum (email@example.com);
• Libelous and malicious comments will not be published;
• Profanity will be edited out;
• Comments will remain anonymous;
• Names of individuals or businesses may not be published (including public figures) depending on the issue.