• The Town of Farragut and the Biddle Farm developer (Budd Cullom) keep stating that the Biddle Farm development is still, in their words, a “Town Center.” Looking at the Brooklawn (Street) area, the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, it is easy to see that we will be losing most of the walkable shopping area for 280 apartments.
The change from a vertical Mixed-Use Town Center to a horizontal Mixed-Use Town Center will significantly alter the look and the feel of this entire area. It will no longer be the walkable Town Center designed and agreed upon in 2012.
The Mayor (Ron Williams) and Aldermen (Vice Mayor Louise Povlin, Ron Pinchok, Scott Meyer and Drew Burnette) should have set up meetings with the people of Farragut to discuss the future of the Mixed-Use Town Center area once they knew that the vertical development was no longer viable.
Why do those on the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, the Farragut Municipal Planning Commission and a few Town employees get to decide what is right for all of us in Farragut?
We respectfully ask our readers to follow the following Presstalk rules when submitting their opinions:
• Please keep calls to a 90-second maximum (call 671-8255 24 hours a day, seven days a week);
• Please keep e-mailed Presstalks to 250 words maximum (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Libelous and malicious comments will not be published;
• Profanity will be edited out;
• Comments will remain anonymous;
• Names of individuals or businesses may not be published (including public figures) depending on the issue.