KCSO reports

• At 7:15 a.m., Sunday, Feb. 21, Knox County Sheriff’s Office units made contact with a complainant at a Concord Road residence who said there was an unknown male on the property of complainant and victim. Officers observed the suspect on the property near the woodline close to the victim’s house. Victim said the suspect came into his unlocked house, took off his shoes, took a cup and filled it with water to drink, then went to the couch to lay down. Suspect came into the house from the side front door from an unknown direction. “Suspect did not know whose house he entered,” the officer’s report stated. “Victim saw suspect in the living room and asked him to leave — he did cooperatively.” Suspect was placed under arrest, with the officer adding the arrestee “was clearly under the influence of unknown narcotics and/or alcohol,” which he admitted. “Suspect was a danger to himself and others when he was on the victim’s property.”

• At 8:06 p.m., Feb. 21, officers responded to Cotton Eyed Joe, 11220 Outlet Drive, on report of an assault. Victim recalled an incident Friday night, Feb. 19, when he and the suspect got into a verbal altercation. Victim said the suspect struck him in the face five times with a closed fist.

• At 8:39 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 18, officers responded to a possible domestic disturbance at a Campbell Lakes Drive hotel. Victim said she and the male suspect had gotten into an altercation in which the suspect grabbed the victim by the throat, but also advised “that at no point did she feel she was going to pass out or feel that she could not breathe,” the report stated. Complainant advised she was able to strike suspect on the nose, causing his nose to bleed, which caused him to let go of her throat. Suspect then left the scene. Officers observed victim and stated “she did appear to have a visible red marking around her neck.” Victim refused transportation to what the report stated was “a safe location,” advising she would get a ride to a safe location later. A warrant for simple assault was placed against the suspect. Victim was advised of her rights under Domestic Violence Law and given a Family Crimes card.

• At 7:17 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 16, officers were dispatched to Grigsby Chapel Road at Deanwood Drive in regards to a wreck involving a possibly impaired driver. Suspect/eventual arrestee was in a 2015 Ford F-150 pick-up truck that drove into trees in the median of Grigsby Chapel Road. Suspect was in the driver’s seat of the vehicle with keys in the ignition. “I immediately observed slurred speech, difficulty maintaining thought and difficulty maintaining balance,” an officer reported. “I asked the suspect if he would perform standardized field sobriety tests, which he complied.” After the tests were concluded, it was determined the suspect was under the influence and he was subsequently taken into custody without incident. The arrestee, after implied consent was explained, refused to provide a blood sample for chemical testing. Arrestee was transported to Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility.

• At 8:26 p.m., Feb. 16, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report theft of merchandise from the At Home store, 11501 Parkside Drive. Less than 10 minutes earlier, two suspects were seen loading merchandise (wall art) into a buggy, which they pushed past the point-of-sale and out the store without paying — and without the owner’s permission. Complainant said he attempted to confront the suspects in the parking lot, but they placed the merchandise inside a Toyota Corolla and left the scene heading toward Campbell Station Road. Complainant advised there was video evidence. Value of merchandise was listed at $100.

• At 10:54 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 13, officers responded to a Turkey Creek Road residence in reference to a domestic incident. Suspect/eventual arrestee was screaming at officers at the front door, asking why they were there. Despite officers’ attempts to explain why, he kept yelling. Victim/complainant, who is the suspect’s mother, was standing behind the suspect as he was yelling. Officers attempted to speak with her because she was shaking and visibly in fear, but suspect continued to yell. When his mother attempted to speak to the officers, suspect pushed her. Officers took control of the suspect, though he began resisting control and attempted to flee.

Officers placed him on the ground and applied wrist restraints. Officers could tell the arrestee was intoxicated because of his slurred words, his body smelling of alcohol and that he urinated on himself. Arrestee continued yelling at officers despite their attempts to ask him questions. His mother also said her son may have consumed an unknown narcotic. She said the suspect/eventual arrestee “was acting OK” even though he had been drinking — and then suddenly became violent. Complainant said she was attempting to assist her mother into the bathroom when the eventual arrestee got in her face and scared her. Complainant said she tried to calm down her son, but he put his hands on her face and started starring at her, placing her in fear she would be slugged.

Complainant’s mother was still shaking and upset, adding she had just gotten back into bed when the arrestee walked up to her, got in her face and started screaming. He placed one hand on her throat, but did not restrict her breathing.

• At 11:34 p.m., Feb. 13, an officer was finishing up a prior call at a Parkside Drive address when he reported hearing a “loud crashing sound and saw smoke coming from” Tennova Turkey Creek Medical Center, the report quoted. Officer then “ran around the building to observe a white Chey Aveo had crashed into the wall” of the hospital. The driver “appeared to be slumped over at the wheel and the gas pedal was still pressed to the floor. After getting the attention of the driver and getting him awake we were able to get him pulled from the vehicle,” the report further stated. Suspect said he had no knowledge of this accident.

Officer reported the suspect “had pinpoint pupils and was unsteady on his feet,” further describing him as “mush-mouthed and appeared to be thick-tongued.” Suspect also had trouble following verbal commands. After the officer read suspect his consent advisement, he refused to consent to a blood sample for chemical testing. Suspect was placed into custody and transported to Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility. Arrestee refused medical treatment on scene. Total value of damage was listed at $1,000.