• University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture engineer Robert Burn, a professor in the Department of Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science, recently received the Henry Giese Structures and Environment Award from the Structures and Environment Division of the American Society for Agricultural and Biosystems Engineers during its annual international meeting last month.
Established in 1988 and endowed by the family of Henry Giese, the award commemorates Giese’s lifelong accomplishments in farm building design, research and teaching. It recognizes outstanding and meritorious achievement in advancing the knowledge of science of agricultural structures and environment to include rural human housing.
• Mariah Goosie and Karlee Rohr recently joined the team at Weichert, Realtors — Advantage Plus, l10160 Parkside Drive Suite 100 in Knoxville.
• Ray Williams, Holly Pruitt, Daniel Newgent and Taylor Strange recently joined EXIT Real Estate Professionals Network, 9821 Cogdill Road in Knoxville, while Jonathan Black has joined EXIT Atomic Realty, 140 W. Tennessee Ave in Oak Ridge.
• Richard B. Hill, CPA, of Mitchell Emert & Hill, PC, CPAs in Knoxville, recently was elected to Tennessee Society of CPAs 2021-22 board of directors.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee recently was honored with a national Quality award from Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Nationwide Leadership Council at its national conference. Board member Richard Riley also was recognized as most outstanding local board member. BBBS of East Tennessee served 738 youth with “Bigs” mentors last year and served 914 youth overall.
• University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s, graduate acting program recently landed in the Hollywood Reporter’s annual list of worldwide top programs for the fifth consecutive year.
According to Calvin MacLean, head of the Department of Theatre and producing artistic director for the university’s Clarence Brown Theatre, UT’s grad students have extended contact with professional film directors and movement and voice specialists with international reputations, which augment the project work in Clarence Brown over their three-year residency. The ranking consider several factors, which are made after consultation with academics, influencers and alumni.