KCSO police reports

• At 1:40 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 29, a complainant from a Crysta Brook Lane residence called Knox County Sheriff’s Office Teleserve Unit to advise about an incident where an unknown suspect stole a leaf blower and chainsaw from a Crystal Brook Lane residence. Total value of loss was listed at $1,300. Complainant was advised to call back with the serial and model numbers of the stolen items before NCIC entry could be made.

• At 10:37 a.m., Aug. 29, officers responded to a disturbance at a Hidden Grove Road residence. Homeowner told the officers he eventual arrestee attempted to kick in a roommate’s door, who was not present, and ripped the handrail off the wall. Suspect barricaded himself in his room refusing to cooperate with officers. Officers were able to make contact with the boyfriend/victim, who pays the rent for the room, and gave officers permission to enter the room. Upon entry the suspect resisted arrest by barricading the door and attempted to stick his arms underneath his chest, but officers were able to quickly restrain him. The homeowner estimated carpet damage around $5,000, handrail damage at $500 and door damage around $300. Damages were documented by KCSO body cameras. Arrestee was transported to the Roger D. Wilson Detention facility.

• At 8:25 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 14, a pair of KCSO units responded to a theft at Quality Inn and Suites, 11717 Campbell Lakes Drive. Victim) who the owner of the business. The victim showed officers video of the front office at 4:24 a.m., showing the suspect climbing over the counter and taking a purse from behind the desk at the check-in area. The suspect is then shown going into Room 208. At 4:28 hours the suspect is shown returning to the front desk and climbing back over the desk, this time taking a laptop computer with a value of $300. A witness, who said he was a cousin of the suspect’s, said the suspect came to his room with the stolen property and told him to get out of his room. “We received another call from the complainant stating the suspect had returned to Room 208,” the report stated. “We made contact with the witness again, who said the suspect brought back the computer. Computer was recovered. Suspect was not on scene when officers arrived. The value of other items taken but not returned was listed at $340.