• Barber McMurry Arcitects’s Heather Beck, MBA, APR, WELL AP, and Sarah Peacock, AIA, WELL AP, recently were recognized for their proficiency in the field of design, health and wellness in the built environment, earning the credential of WELL Accredited Professional.
Beck is communications manager, while Peacock is an architect concentrating in healthcare design. They join six other WELL APs at BarberMcMurry.
• Six area hospital organizations — Tennova Healthcare, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital, Covenant Health, University of Tennessee, Blount Memorial Hospital and Sweetwater Hospital Association — have banded together to urge people to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
• Bank of Tennessee recently announced the appointments for chief executive officer and chief operating officer. Will Barrett, president, recently was named the bank’s new CEO of Tennessee and its divisions, Carter County Bank and Mountain Community Bank. He succeeds Dale Fair, who recently retired.
Detra Cleven will serve as chief operating officer for BOT. Cleven began her tenure at Bank of Tennessee in 2011. She has specialized expertise in profitability management, combined with knowledge of challenges and opportunities businesses face.
• Connor Cox recently was hired by The Trust Company of Tennessee as a client specialist based in the firm’s Knoxville office. Cox earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from University of Tennessee, Martin, in 2018 and a Master of Business Administration degree from UT in 2020. He previously served as an officer for the Knoxville Police Department.
• SmartFinancial Inc., Knoxville, the parent company of SmartBank, recently announced the completion of its acquisition of Sevier County Bancshares Inc. and SCB’s wholly-owned bank subsidiary, Sevier County Bank. Effective Sept. 1. SCB has been merged with and into SmartFinancial, and Sevier County Bank has been merged with and into SmartBank. Based on financial data as of June 30, the combined company has total consolidated assets of about $4.1 billion.