Parents, 2 juveniles arrested after fight at FHS

Four people were arrested at Farragut High School Wednesday afternoon, Sept. 15 — including two FHS students and both parents of one of those students — following a fight in the school parking lot after school had dismissed for the day.

According to Knox County General Sessions Court warrants, Brent Pelusio and Monica Pelusio were charged with misdemeanor offenses of contributing to the delinquency of a child and disorderly conduct, and were set to appear in court on those charges earlier today (Thursday, Sept. 23).

The two juveniles charged are not being named, and their disciplinary/legal status in the matter has not been made available.

Knox County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Officer Wesley Chad Coleman, who is assigned to the schools’ division according to KCSO communications director Kimberly Glenn, said in the warrant he was called to the school by Sandra Rodgers, Knox County School Security officer, who was working at FHS.

Rodgers told Coleman she had been outside directing traffic, when she “heard and observed numerous juveniles and (eventual) arrestee Monica Pelusio yelling/screaming and causing a disturbance in the parking lot.”

Rodgers also stated she believed “there was about to be a fight, so she ordered them numerous times to stop, but they refused her orders.”

At that time, Brent Pelusio became involved, according to the warrant, with Rodgers stating he “was yelling for his son to fight” the other juvenile involved.

“Officer Rodgers ordered both parents to return to their vehicle three separate times, but they refused and continued to escalate the situation and encouraged their son to engage in a fight,” the warrants report continued.

Rodgers then used pepper spray on the juveniles, who were fighting.

All parties were arrested and transported to jail. Juvenile Detention and Major Crimes detectives were notified, and the warrant stated the Department of Child Services also would be notified.

When asked about the incident, FHS principal Dr. John Bartlett said he “was aware of the situation” and the “matter is a Knox County Sheriff’s (Office) issue.”