• I believe Presstalk should be neutral politically. I just received my copy (of the Nov. 4 issue), and there was a comment about how wonderful (a U.S. Senator from Tennessee) is.
Personally, I don’t share this opinion. Your paper should be neutral: it should be neither Democratic nor Republican.
• Cheers and a heartfelt thanks to (Tennessee U.S. Rep., 5th District) and (Tennessee U.S. Rep., 9th District) for honoring the citizens of Tennessee with their historic vote to pass the bipartisan infrastructure bill. This is a game-changing investment in Tennessee and our country and a victory for all Americans.
New Presstalk rules
• Effective with publication of the Nov. 11 issue of farragutpress, no names of any public figures or other persons will be allowed in a Presstalk submission.
• Also taking effect with our Nov. 11 issue, all Presstalk submission must have identification (for farragutpress purposes only; no names will be published with any Presstalk submission).
Ongoing Presstalk rules
We respectfully ask our readers to follow the following Presstalk rules when submitting their opinions:
• Please keep calls to a 90-second maximum (call 671-8255 24 hours a day, seven days a week);
• Please keep e-mailed Presstalks to 250 words maximum (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Libelous and malicious comments will not be published;
• Profanity will be edited out;
• Comments will remain anonymous;
• Names of individuals or businesses may not be published (including public figures) depending on the issue.