Precinct voting changes in Farragut area are told
While Thursday, April 28, is the last day for early voting in Knox County, those planning to vote in the Farragut area on County Primary Election Day, Tuesday, May 3, may need to check their voting locations, as Knox County Election Commission split Districts 66N and 66S in half earlier this year.
The change was based on an increase in the number of registered voters in those precincts, not an increase in population.
Chris Davis, administrator for KCEC, said after the 2020 election, “66N had more than 9,000 registered voters and 66S had close to 9,000 registered voters, and state law requires precincts be no larger than 6,000 registered voters so they would not be overloaded on Election Day.”
Now, the Farragut area includes Districts 66NW and 66SE, in addition to 65E, 65N, 65S, 65SW, 65W, 66NE and 66SW.
66NW is bounded by North Watt Road, Kingston Pike, North Campbell Station and Interstate-40/75. 66NE is bounded by North Campbell Station, Kingston Pike, Mabry Hood Road and Parkside Drive. 66SE is bounded by Virtue Road, Kingston Pike, Boyd Station Road and the boundary of Old Concord, and 66SW is bounded by Kingston Pike, Virtue Road, Boyd Station and the Loudon County line. 65W is located between Boyd Station and South Northshore Road to the Loudon County Line. 65SW encompasses Choto to the Loudon County line, then east to Hart and Bluegrass roads.
Voting precincts are as follows:
• 65E (Concord East) and 65S (Concord South) both vote at Shoreline Church, 9635 Westland Drive.
• 65N (Concord North) votes at Farragut Primary School, 509 N. Campbell Station Road;
• 65SW (Concord South West) and 65W (Concord West) both vote at Farragut Town Hall, 11408 Municipal Center Drive;
• 66NE (East Farragut Middle) and 66NW (West Farragut Middle) both vote at Farragut Middle School, 200 West End Ave.; and
• 66SE (E. Farragut High) and 66SW (West Farragut High) both vote at Farragut High School, 11237 Kingston Pike.
Anyone with any questions as to their district or precinct location can visit https://www.kgis.org/portal/OnlineTools/VotingLocationSearch.aspx and enter their specific address or call the Election Commission at 865-215-2480.