• Kevin Parton recently was named senior director of Knox County Health Department. Prior to serving as interim senior director after Dr. Martha Buchanan retired, he served as chief administrative officer and executive director of finance.
• Sydney Luke recently joined the team of Weichert, Realtors – Advantage Plus in Knoxville. Luke will serve real estate buyers in Maryville and the surrounding area.
• Phillip Jones, CPF, APMA, a private wealth advisor with Ameriprise Financial, recently was named to the list of Best-in-State Wealth Advisors’ published by Forbes magazine, which recognizes financial advisors who have demonstrated high ethical standards.
• Mount Vernon Ladies Association recently announced Adrian MacLean Jay of Knox County was elected new vice regent representing Tennessee. Jay is co-founder of Random Acts of Flowers, a non-profit organization that repurposes flowers into bouquets and delivers them to patients in hospitals, and senior care facilities nationwide.
• McNabb Center and East Tennessee Children’s Hospital recently opened the Children’s Stabilization Unit. A ribbon cutting to celebrate the event was held Thursday, May 19.
• Victoria “Tori” Knight recently joined The Christman Company as project accountant at the construction management and real estate development firm’s office in Knoxville.