• The Association of Fundraising Professionals Great Smoky Mountain Chapter recently was named a 2022 Ten Star Gold Chapter and will host a celebration of non-profit leadership from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, July 15, at Cumberland House Knoxville. Tickets for the celebration are $30 and are available online at www.apfknox.org.
• Y-12 Federal Credit Union recently announced its Y-12 FCU Gives Foundation has received a charitable contribution from partner Visa, a leader in digital payments that pledged its support directly to the Y-12 FCU Gives Foundation because of the company’s shared values of investing in community programs that aid those in need.
• For the second year in a row, TDS Telecommunications LLC., was named Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion, earning a score of 90 on the Disability Equality Index.
In the last year, TDS associates raised awareness about neurodiversity and invisible disabilities in the workplace by creating a three-part video series to help associates have a better understanding of individuals on the autism spectrum. The series also included tips for leaders with team members suffering from neurodiversity on recruiting and best practices to improve the interview process for those who are neurodivergent.
• As a result of Give a Little Love and Shamrock Shake campaigns, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Knoxville recently was awarded more than $71,000 from local McDonald’s restaurants. Leading up to Valentine’s Day, McDonald’s customers could purchase a $1, $2 or $5 heart, which would be displayed inside the McDonald’s restaurant with proceeds going to RMHC. Also, continuing with Shamrock Shake’s role in building the first Ronald McDonald House, participating McDonald’s restaurants donated 25 cents from every Shamrock Shake to local RMHC chapters.
• Stephanie M. Noble, Proffitt’s professor of Marketing and William B. Stokely Faculty Research Fellow in University of Tennessee’s Haslam College of Business in Knoxville, recently was named to Poets & Quants for Undergrads’ List of 10 Best Undergrad Professors for 2021.