KNOXVILLE — Farragut High School’s swim and dive team completed an unbeaten dual-meet season — the second perfect regular season for the Aqua Ads’ 15 seniors — after defeating rival Hardin Valley Academy 203-134 Sunday, Jan. 15, during FHS Senior Night in UT’s Allen Jones Intercollegiate Aquatic Center.
The seniors were honored during a break in the meet: Savannah Brennan, Sydney Brennan, Katelyn Kramer, Taylor Webster, Grace LaCharite, Ridhima Singh, Allison Pye, Raina Desai, Etah Hi, Camden Croy, Liam Cronin, Camden Gerchar and Jacob Chenot.
“I love the tradition of honoring our seniors with small tokens of appreciation for not just them, but for their parents as well,” FHS head coach Jessica Abrahamson said. “... They truly are a special group that has a mark on our team that will never be forgotten.”
• Ella Roettger, only a freshman, took first in the 200-yard free while Riley Brown finished second.
• Iris Chen and Aydan Skelton finished as the top two in the 200 IM while Noah Roettger and Evan King were second and third.
• Keira Shafer took first in the girls’ 50 free. Claire Shields swam a personal best and dropped 3 seconds.
• For the boys, Gerchar pulled out the win with a time of 22.73. “Stephen Xiao joined our state team with his swim of 23.54 (fourth-place).”
• Kendall Hudgens took first in the 100 butterfly while Aydan Skelton was second. For the boys, Leo Karnitz took second. Elliot Mandl was fourth.
• Lacharite finished second in the 100 free; Desai was fourth.
• Gerchar was first in the 100 free; Mandl took fourth.
• In the 500 free, Karley Wolfgram and Roetgger were first and second, respectively.
Karnitz, Yohan Le Pape and Hisato Kurosaki were the top three, respectively, in the 100 back. Hudgens, Karolina Nosarzewski and Iris Chen were second, third and fourth, respectively.
•In the 100 breaststroke girls, Nosarzewski was first, Karley Wolfgram second. For the boys, Noah Roettger took first, Cordelia Hu third and Stuart Greene fourth.