• TDS Telecommunications recently recognized Rick Hudson, TDS assistant of Field Services Operations, for his 40 years at the company.
Hudson began his time at TDS in 1983 as a part-time lineman operating on telephone lines. During his time at TDS, he also worked as a custodian, warehouse operator, repair installer and dispatcher before moving to the role of assistant of field services operations.
• Knoxville photographer Colby McLemore, owner of Colby’s Photos and Videos, recently was honored with the National Award by Tennessee Professional Photographers Association during a recent awards banquet held at the 72nd Annual Convention. The National Award is the highest recognition bestowed at the state level, celebrating individuals who have made remarkable contributions to the photographic profession.
• M&M Productions USA recently hired Gary Clegg as director of operations for the full-service event planning and production company based in Oak Ridge that serves clients across the country.
• Bank of America recently announced Girl Talk Inc. as the 2023 Neighborhood Champion awardee for its work advancing economic mobility and building up underserved neighborhoods in Knoxville. Through this multi-year grant funding and leadership training for the nonprofits’ leadership, programs and services addressing young female empowerment will be able to better serve its existing Girl Talk Inc. members and can expand its programming and staff capacity.
• FirstBank held a ribbon cutting Monday, Nov. 13, at its new Knoxville branch at 233 E. Emory Road, Suite 109, Powell.
• University of Tennessee’s Heart Lung Vascular Institute recently received American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain MI Registry Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2023. UTMC is one of 82 hospitals nationwide to receive the honor.
It recognizes the hospital’s Heart Lung Vascular Institute’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care and signifies the institute reached an aggressive goal of treating patients to standard levels of care outlined by American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association.
• Priority Ambulance and its partners at Faithful Guardian Training Center recently celebrated the graduation of Priority’s first international paramedics as part of its International EMS Workforce Initiative program.