KCSO reports

• At 3:09 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 3, a Knox County Sheriff’s Office unit responded to a disturbance at TopGolf, 11400 Outlet Drive. Victim/complainant advised officers he was having his son’s birthday party at the business.

Victim told officers he moved his wife’s vehicle to load the presents in the vehicle. Complainant said he saw the suspect, wearing a maroon hoodie, in a white Oldsmobile driving in the parking lot. Victim said that after he came back outside with more presents, “there was a bumper sticker on the passenger side rear bumper with an explicit sexual text on it,” a press release stated.

Victim advised officers the suspect was the one who did this. Victim told officers “he was building a harassment case against (suspect) due to multiple other similar incidents that have occurred,” the report stated. Victim said he knew suspect “because their kids used to be friends.”

When asked how he knew where he would be, victim said that kids invited to his son’s party must have told suspect’s son. Victim further said “there was no reason (suspect) should have been at the business. … Management pulled up camera footage of the parking lot showing a white sedan pulling up and stopping behind (victim’s) vehicle.

“A white male wearing a maroon sweatshirt gets out of the car, walks up to victim’s vehicle and appears to place something on the vehicle,” the report stated.

• At 11:07 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 31, an officer was dispatched to Tennova Turkey Creek Medical Center (10820 Parkside Drive) in reference to a trespass. “The security officer advised he wanted both subjects trespassed from the hospital due to them camping there for multiple days,” the report stated. Officer made contact with subjects and advised them “they were no longer able to be on the property.” Subjects were escorted off property. Complainant advised they had been squatting for about a month.

• At 6:19 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 28, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report a swindle at his Sundancer Road residence.

Complainant “advised he came across a Facebook Marketplace add for a moving sale in which he inquired on an outdoor furniture set,” the report stated.

Complainant said he and the suspect “negotiated price via Messenger and settled on thep price, sending a $25 deposit to hold the item and sent it through Zelle to the listed suspect,” the report further stated.

Complainant said “when he arrived to the given address, nobody was there and he waited for almost an hour for someone when he realized the property did not match the pictures in the post and left,” the report also stated.

• At 3:08 p.m., Jan. 28, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report swindle at a Russfield Drive residence of $5,175.

“Complainant advised she received a call from a man who identified himself … with the Department of Office of Inspector General claiming there was bank fraud and money laundering occurring with her Social Security number,” the report stated.

Complainant said “she was then instructed to speak with a man … for further instruction on what she needed to do.” Complainant stated the first man instructed her to withdraw the money and take it to a Bitcoin machine and deposit it into the account associated with (a) phone number …. and then sent him a picture of the receipt,” the report further stated.

Complainant advised “she was told this would protect her funds from being taken or frozen while they investigated her accounts for bank fraud and money laundering,” the report stated. “The complainant (said) she no longer has access to any of the funds she put into the Bitcoin machine.”

• At 6:32 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 27, a complainant called KCSO Teleserve Unit to report burglary of her vehicle at a Chapel Grove Lane residence.

Complainant advised her 2015 BMW 328 “was parked in front of her home … and her parents were away from the home when the vehicle was accessed by an unknown suspect,” the report stated.

Complainant said “the entire car was in disarray,” and $95 worth of items were missing, the report further stated.

Complainant said she believes she may have left the vehicle unlocked, so no damage was done when the unknown suspect gained entry.