Town calendar

The window for applying to serve on a Town of Farragut volunteer committee is now open. Adults are welcome to apply, and civic-minded high school juniors and seniors can apply to serve as a youth representative.

“Serving on a volunteer advisory committee, council or board is a great way to share your time, talents and enthusiasm with the Farragut community,” a Town press release stated. “These are working committees, and applicants should be willing to give time to monthly meetings and committee projects and/or events.” Some committees require a background in a professional area.

There are openings on the following boards and committees: Arts & Beautification Committee, Farragut Education Relations Committee (Farragut High School Education Foundation representative and St. John Neumann Catholic School representative), Board of Plumbing & Gas/Mechanical Examiners, Tourism/Visitor Advisory Committee and the Stormwater Advisory Committee. Applications are available at or at Farragut Community Center (239 Jamestowne Blvd.). For more information, call the Administration Department at 865-966-7057.

High school juniors or seniors who attend one of the public or private schools in Farragut or live in Farragut can apply to be a youth representative. (Homeschoolers are welcome to apply). Selected candidates are expected to take part in all discussions and interact with fellow committee members, but due to legal constraints, the youth member will not have a formal vote. For information about available opportunities and an online application, visit

Application deadline for youth and adults is 4 p.m., Tuesday, April 30.