• OLSON, Daniel Carl (Dan),
age 54, passed away on Wednesday morning, October 1, 2014 from brain cancer. Dan was born on March 21, 1960 in Conrad, Montana, to the late Philip and Evelyn (Wa-rtdal) Olson. He grew up in Sioux Fa-lls, South Dakota and graduated from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa and No-rthern Illinois University in De-Kalb, Illinois. Dan dedicated his career to local government, serving in many city management positions in Illinois, Iowa, and finally Farragut TN where he was employed as Town Manager for 14 years. He was involved in Lions Club in Iowa and the Rotary Club in Farragut. He is survived by his bride of 29 years, Patrice, and their children, Peter and Maggie; sister, Lynne (Mike) Hemen of Ft. Calhoun, Nebraska; brother, Ken (Judy) Olson of Sioux Falls, South Dakota; brother, Glenn (Melissa) Olson of West Hartford, Con-necticut; many nieces and nephews. Special thanks to Caris Heal-thcare, most especially Beth Gar-ron and Kevin Warwick. A Cele-bration of Dan’s Life will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Octo-ber 9th at Milestones Event Center, 11909 Kingston Pike in Farragut. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Olson Educational Fund. Checks made payable to Patrice Olson, c/o ORNL Federal Credit Union, 11405 Municipal Center Drive, Farragut, TN 37934. Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel, 11915 Kingston Pike is serving the Olson family. www.clickfh.com
• JOHNSON, Linda Carolyn Puck,
age 69, of Farragut passed away August 1, 2014. Linda was a loving and devoted mother and grandmother. She proudly served 17 years in the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. Linda was a graduate of the University of Tennessee where she earned a Bachelor of Education. She worked with the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services. Linda volunteered for 20 years with the town of Farragut’s Visual Resource Review Board. She was preceded in death by her parents, Alfred and Agnes Puck. Linda is survived by her daughters and sons-in-law, Karyn and Andy Cole, Jennifer and Jerry Collins and Kimberly and Jim Hollis; adopted children, Courtney Johnson and David Johnson; grandchildren, Jake and Alex Kate Cole, Zach and Chase Collins, Jack and Lily Hollis; brothers, Jerry Peck, Richard Peck, Larry Peck and wife, Ann; cousin, Joan Berry and several close friends. The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 5, 2014 in the Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Young Williams Animal Shelter. Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel, 11915 Kingston Pike is serving the family of Linda P. Johnson. www.clickfh.com
• EVANS, Agnes Lorraine Hardeman "Mama Agnes"
- age 94 of Farragut passed away Friday, July 11, 2014 at her home. She was one of the oldest members of the Founding Group at the Lenoir City Church of Christ. Agnes operated a nursery school in her home for many years. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, H. C. Evans; parents, Thomas Lou Hardeman and Alta Lorraine Wharey Hardeman; great grandson, Seth Adam Gossage; son-in-law, M. R. "Buddy" Clayton; sisters, Alline Heffington; brothers, Carl, Guy and Dorsey Hardeman, and step-mother, Flossie McClure Hardeman. Survived by her four daughters and sons-in-law, Rose Evelyn Clayton of Farragut with whom she made her home, Sarah Elizabeth McNabb and Bill of New Carlisle, OH, Marjorie Ellen Gossage and Lee of Farragut, Katherine Emily Wawrzyniak and Ron of Kodak, TN; grandchildren and spouses: Reed and Angie Clayton of Smyrna, GA, Gaylon and Becky Clayton of Lenoir City, Dana and Ann Clayton of Pearland, TX, Beryl and Tracie McNabb, Dean and Dianna McNabb, Suzanne and Ralph Weaver, Beth McNabb, Theresa Fackler all of New Carlisle, OH, Allen and Brandy Gossage, Adam and Shannon Gossage all of Knoxville, Drew and Kim Gossage of Loudon, Scott and Angela Harness of Morristown, Tammie Wawrzyniak and Michelle St. George both of Erie, PA; 39 great grandchildren; 27 great-great grandchildren; sisters and brothers-in-law, Eleanor Joy Howell and Marvin of Sacramento, CA, June Hemby and John, Donna Holladay and Carl of all of Atlanta, GA; many nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday, July 14th, 2014 at the Lenoir City Church of Christ. Funeral services will follow at 4 p.m. with Mr. Richard Powlus officiating. Interment will follow in the Lakeview Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to : Tennessee Children’s Home P.O. Box 10 Spring Hill, TN 37174. Click Funeral Home, Lenoir City is in charge of arrangements. www.clickfuneralhome.com
JENKINS, CAROLYN NESBIT
- age 82, of Farragut, peacefully passed away on Friday, July 4, 2014, following a lengthy illness. Preceded in death by parents, Matt and Hilda Nesbit. Survived by her devoted husband of 62 years, Emmett Jenkins; daughters, Rachel Scruggs and husband Jim, Ruth Lane and husband Rick; grandchildren, Jennifer and Ryan Crabtree, Ryan and Kate Lane, Carrie Scruggs, and Jessie Lane; great grandchildren, Della Crabtree, Gracie Scruggs, Lucy Lane, and Charley Lane; brother, Jimmy Nesbit and wife Peggy; sister, Barbara Irwin and husband Gene; several nieces and nephews who she loved; and special friends, Martha Hampton, Kathy Snodderly, and Sissy Solomon. Carol will be remembered as a wonderful mother, devoted wife, high spirited, fun loving matriarch who lived and loved her family. The family will receive friends on Monday, July 7, from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Highland West Funeral Home, 9913 Sherrill Blvd. Knoxville, TN. A memorial service will follow in the funeral home chapel at 7:00 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Chota Masonic Lodge, P.O. Box 22593, Knoxville, TN 37933.
• LYNAS, Lenor Knapp,
age 78, of Farragut passed away Thursday morning, May 22, 2014 at her home. Lenor was a member of St John Neumann Catholic Church. She loved sewing, working with stain glass, painting, traveling and her work with the Alaskan Klee Kai Rescue Association. Lenor worked faithfully for 35 years with the Central Intelligence Agency as a Reconnaissance Photography Analyst. Upon retirement from the CIA, she was recruited by ORNL for 10 additional years of service. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Charles Theodore Lynas. Lenor is survived by step sons, Dr. Bryan Lynas and Dr. Christopher Woodward Lynas and their families. She also leaves behind many friends whose lives she had touched greatly. As a testament to her life, the following poem states it clearly: “No longer forward or behind, I look for hope or fear, but grateful take the good I find, the best of now and here”. A Rosary will be said on Tuesday May 27th at 6:30 p.m. at the Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel with Father Christopher Manning officiating. A Mass will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Alaskan Klee Kai National Rescue Association, www.akkrescue.com Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel, 11915 Kingston Pike is serving the Lynas family. www.clickfh.com
• WATT, Robert Patterson “Bob,”
age 76, of Farragut died on Tuesday evening, May 20, 2014, at his home surrounded by his family. Bob was a member of Concord United Methodist Church, where he served as an usher for many years. Bob enjoyed woodcarving, reading, gardening and spending time with his children and grandchildren. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army. Bob attended Ringling School of Art in Sarasota, Fla. He married Betty Huff in 1961 and they moved to Florida for three years. They returned to the Concord area in 1964 and Bob established Lovell Heights Barber Shop in 1967. He was the proprietor until 2002 when he sold the shop, but continued to work until his retirement in 2005. He served as Alderman for the town of Farragut from 1993 until 1997 and during the last two years of his term, he served as vice mayor. He also served on the Farragut Parks and Recreation Committee for many years. Bob helped establish the Farragut Youth Fishing Rodeo and loved to watch children as they fished with their families. The Fishing Rodeo will celebrate 30 years in 2014. Bob was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Dorothy Wise Watt; sister, Mary Sam Ward. He is survived by his loving wife of 53 years, Betty; children and spouses, Rick and Sonya Watt of Crestview, Fla., Rachel and Alan David of Cleveland, Janee and John Cates of Southern Pines, N.C., Chuck Watt of Knoxville; grandchildren, Jacob Watt, Jackson Watt, Bailey (Matthew) Rogers, Beau David, Rob David, Brice Cates and Robert Cates; special brother-in-law, Butch Woodward; sister, Dottie Vining; brother, Earl Watt, both of Lenoir City; nephew, Bryan (Mitzi) Watt. A Celebration of Life will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesday, May 27, at Concord United Methodist Church with the Rev. Brent Hall officiating. The family will receive friends following the service. Private graveside services will be held at Pleasant Forest Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, Concord United Methodist Church Building Fund or to CADES, 11020 Roane Drive, Farragut, TN 37934. Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel, 11915 Kingston Pike is serving the Watt family. www.clickfh.com
• SAVELL, Dean,
age 55, of Farragut, formerly of Asheville, N.C., and Winston-Salem, N.C., died suddenly in a motorcycle accident on Monday afternoon May 12, 2014. Dean was a member of First Baptist Concord and the Buddy Bradley Sunday School class. He was a dynamic Christian and often said, “Jesus calls me friend.” Dean was a hero to his wife of 30 years and outstanding father to his three sons. He was a dedicated son, brother and friend. Everyone knows he had a most infectious laugh. Dean was currently employed by Rite Aid as a manager and was previously employed by Clayton Homes for over 15 years. Dean is survived by his wife, Sue Sibley Savell; sons, Zach, Sam and Robert Savell of the home; parents, Rev. Harold A. Savell and Willie Ruth Savell of Asheville, N.C.; sisters and brothers-in-law, Brenda and David Booth of Knoxville, Cindy and Bobby Lineback of Charlotte, N.C.; brother and sister-in-law, Don and Robin Savell of Greer, S.C.; mother-in-law, Betty Sibley of Brevard, N.C.; brother-in-law, Scott Sibley and wife, Rebecca of Dalton, Ga.; and many precious nieces and nephews. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. on Friday, May 16th at the Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel. A Celebration of Life will be held at First Baptist Church Concord in the Chapel at 10 a.m. on Saturday with Rev. Steve Peek officiating. Family and friends will gather immediately following the service at Pleasant Forest Cemetery for graveside services. Memorials may be made to the Mission of Hope, www.missionofhope.org. Click Funeral Home Farragut Chapel, 11915 Kingston Pike is serving the Savell family. www.clickfh.com
• LEWIS, Erma A,
of Pittsburgh, Pa., formerly of Knoxville, on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014. Beloved wife of the late Donald R. Lewis; loving mother of Christopher Lewis and Amber Lewis; sister of Estelle Eleftheriou; aunt of Nicholas Eleftheriou and Chrisanne Burr. Erma was a graduate of Carnegie Mellow University and enjoyed needlepoint and pottery. She was a member of Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church, Pittsburgh. Funeral arrangements by BEINHAUERS, 412-531-4000. Friends are welcome to join the family for a graveside service at Pleasant Forest Cemetery (date to be announced). In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 60 East 56th Street, New York, NY 10022 or the Orthodox Christian Mission Center, P. O. Box 4319, St. Augustine, FL 33085 Please read and add a Tribute at www.beinhauer.com/